Tuesday 27 May 2014

I have to share this in light of last post!

I realised on writing review for TGWATG that I had never actually reviewed The Enemy series by Charlie Higson - too busy devouring them! So I have just been onto Goodreads to add a review to my 5* rating:

"I took a punt at this because I had a Kindle token to spend. I am so glad that I did! I loved this book, in fact, I loved the whole series as I have bought them all to date! I know this is YA and I am 44, I just don't care - it is marvellous. We are introduced to a cornucopia of characters, some of whom we come to know and love, some of whom are just very dead very soon. I personally really admire someone who is not afraid to kill off characters and I think it particularly works in a dystopian novel. In reality, would someone survive just because they were popular or attractive or "nice"? Equally, less pleasant people do seems to have a habit of surviving in real life so that Higson employs this within this book just makes it more believable. If you haven't read this, you need to do so! If you have, then read the rest - you will not regret it I promise!"

No comments:

Post a Comment