Tuesday 10 June 2014

Addicted by (and to!) Nigel May

I loved Trinity and I generally love Nigel's way with words so I had high expectations for this book. Generally I enjoyed it: the sex scenes were well written, appropriate in length and frequency and not cringe-worthy in their description. The interconnecting plots were engaging and as usual, Nigel's description of locations is wonderfully visual. Before I go any further, firstly let me make it clear that this is a very enjoyable bonkbuster and secondly, there may be some spoilers in the next part! I promise honest reviews and whilst I adore Mr May in all his persona's, I am not going to just gush about his book if I don't mean it. So there were a couple of minor niggles for me. Firstly, the main characters Lauren, Martha and Kelly are all great friends one moment and the next Martha hates Lauren and has no hesitation in taking her husband. Whilst I know that women do this to each other, it just felt a little forced as to the level of hate Martha suddenly had for Lauren. I also struggled with Saul and Martha. Possibly because I don't believe in love at first sight and certainly don't believe in sex so amazing you fall for someone hook, line and sinker, I found their sudden love for each other after basically one flagellation and one shag, a little hard to comprehend! A little more development of their romance before they decided they were meant for each other would have sat better with me but this might be me rather than the book! These are however minor niggles and did not prevent me from enjoying this book at all - not quite as much as Trinity - but still very good and well worth reading.
4* rating

No comments:

Post a Comment